Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween everybody! I can't wait to get Meghan into her homemade Sleeping Beauty costume tonight (THANKS MOM!!!!!) so I can get a pic of her for November's contest at Memory Book Inspirations! This is such an easy challenge, and what an awesome prize!

http://memorybookinspirations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5368

I love looking at all the costumes people come up with. Our Halloween costumes were always homemade; I remember being a jar of jelly beans, a princess (of course, don't all girls have to be a princess at least once?), a ghoul, a country gal (that one was fun), and the Pink Panther. To me, it's way more fun to think up a costume and see it come to fruition, than just go to WalMart and buy the same plastic and nylon get-up as everyone else. Now if you do that, that's fine, it's just not as fun for me.

Meghan's Halloween history includes being a cheerleader (1st year), Cinderella (ok, I bought this one but there's not a lot of selection for girls ages 12-18 months...), and last year she was a strawberry (proudly handmade) for which she received many compliments!

I think people like seeing homemade things. Life has become all too "easy" and it's dumbing us down. We no longer have to put on our thinking caps, because someone's already thought of everything for us. Let's take a stand in 2009 to think for ourselves a little bit more, not only at Halloween, but every day!!!

Have a SAFE and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I'll have a very safe Halloween on my sofa ;) Can't wait to see the pictures! Hey, you've been tagged! Head over to my blog and check it out.