Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's all about the gourds...

Wow, what a day!

We decided to pick out a pumpkin while Grammy was visiting and give it a paint job. After Meghan told us what she wanted on her pumpkin (two triangle eyes, a triangle nose and a big smile), I drew it on with a Sharpie and gave her free reign with the black paint. Except that she didn't fill in the shapes, she painted around them. So we have a reverse Jack 'O Lantern. Wanna bet it's the only one? ; )

Click on the play button:


So after we got done painting on Jack's face, I got the wild idea to turn some decorative waxed gourds into votive holders. My mom was SO thrilled with this idea (yeah right). But, I think they came out nicely! Here's my Martha Stewart project for the day:

1 comment:

Jennilee said...

That was so cute. It makes me sad when I see and hear you guys. I miss you all very much.
Meghan is very creative. I think she has a lot of her mommy in her. Lucky girl!