Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Weekend is Here!

Yay Weekend! Another week has passed, as I just stand there and watch it whiz by. Days seem to drag but at the end of the week I always wonder, "where did the time go?" and "what did I do with it?"

Thankfully Meghan's still young enough that our plans don't include soccer games, bake sales, girl scout outings, and sleepovers. But I'm sure the day will come. The most exciting thing happening is a birthday party across the street. But they have a bouncy house....!!!

Next weekend is the official kickoff to Summertime, and I can't wait! Summer means vacations, family reunions, days at the pool, evenings on the patio, grilling. If it doesn't require being inside, you can guarantee we'll attempt it outside. What is the obsession with being outside, anyway? Have you noticed the bzillions of dollars we spend on creating "outdoor living spaces"? Maybe it goes back to our primal roots of living in nature, unrestricted by 2x4's and drywall and paint. Maybe it means that we're brainwashed by advertisements selling the stuff. After all, if it weren't for the advertisement, would we really need Chia Pets or The Clapper? Either way, I'm just happy that the time has come to fling open the windows and haul half my belongings outdoors.

So for now, I'm going to take my coffee and sit on my back patio and enjoy the weekend. Hope you do, too!

1 comment:

NB said...

Yay, you're blogging! I kept one while in school (part of a project) but don't anymore. I'm on MySpace and use that instead. It's kind of addictive, isn't it? I mean, at first you're wondering how you found yourself here, talking to the world, and then all of a sudden, you're on it quite frequently!
I hate I missed dinner with the ladies today. How was it? Hope you had fun!
I'm with you on summer being here soon... can't wait! We're all about doing our outdoor space this year too. Maybe we've bought into the hype?!
Keep it coming...