Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Day at the Park

Tuesdays are Meghan's playdate days with two other girls from our neighborhood. Since the weather was nice today, we decided to pack a picnic lunch take them to the park. We had such good fun at the park. Swinging, sliding, throwing sand...

Yes, we learned the sand-throwing technique from another little boy who was also playing at the park whose mommy was having an in-depth conversation on her cellphone. If the amount of sand in her clothing (i.e. diaper, hair) is any indication of how much fun she had, she had a really good time. Anyway, she got bored with throwing sand quite quickly once it was determined that Mommy didn't think it was a good idea. He he he...

Come to think of it, I spend a lot of time correcting Meghan on undesirable behavior that she learns from other people. But I guess that's what parenting is all about; teaching right from wrong. It's not going to get any better once she gets in school. Then it will be less about "Don't do that" and more about why someone else is allowed to do something that she's not. I'm sure "That's NOT FAIR" is going to be a popular phrase in our house. And I'm sure I'll cringe when I hear my mother's voice coming out of my mouth when I reply, "And if Suzie jumped off a bridge, would you follow her?"

It's true what they say about parenting: You don't understand being a parent until you become one. That you get paid back for all the grief you gave your parents. I only hope that holds true for hugs and kisses, too.

No comments: