Monday, January 2, 2012

Why I don't get manicures...

Every time Meghan and I go for mani/pedi's, the sweet lady I can't understand asks me "you want manicure too?" and I sadly shake my head and say "No, just the princess over there". As much as I would LOVE for my nails to be beautiful and shiny, all one length and hangnail-free, they never will be.

The reason? My addiction to pounding and polishing these little silver beauties. The first photo shows the raw, unfinished rough silver piece. The second photo (top right) shows it stamped. The third photo shows it antiqued. Here's where it gets messy ;) The fourth photo shows it in its first stage of polishing.


Each pieces gets polished and loved about 4 times. The pictures below show the piece in various stages of being finished. See my beautiful grey fingers? That's silver dust. I polish each piece by hand...no tumblers or machines here. As much as I know it would save my fingers, I actually like polishing by hand. It adds a personal element. Everyone likes a little DNA with their jewelry, right? ; )


Maybe one day I'll splurge and get a mani with my pedi. But then I can't wash dishes or scrub sinks either, so somebody else is gonna have to get on that...

2 comments:

Amy said...

your jewelry is so beautiful jen!! :)

Jen said...

thanks!