Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Today is the day when we all decide what we're going to do differently with our lives this coming year. Some call them "resolutions", some call them "goals" or "lifestyle changes". Whatever you call them, the key is sticking with it longer than 15 days.

Tim has a weight loss goal. It sounds daunting, but broken down a little every month, it's not so bad. I have several goals. 1) do better at remembering people's names. It's embarrassing to forget someone's name you just met, not to mention it makes that person feel completely unimportant when I can't even remember the most identifying aspect about him or her. 2) do better "playing" with Meghan. I'm so bad at imaginative play. I'd rather paint, color, play a game or do a project or have my leg hairs pulled out one by one but PLEASE don't make me play My Little Ponies or Polly Pockets. So I need to work on that. 3) Read the Bible. Not just front to back just so I can say I did, but in a context that makes sense and shows just how relevant the Bible is to every day life. I've already read all of Revelation so I'll probably start with Daniel next. Then maybe study one of the women of the Bible. Wherever I feel led...I think that's the Holy Spirit guiding me to what I need to learn next.

I'm sure there are other changes I'll make throughout the course of the year (get outside more, dust off my Pilates videos, do better at time management), but I'm a firm believer in baby steps...taking on too many changes at one time is overwhelming and only leads to burn out.

For my business, I have an income goal I'd like to meet, and a purchase I'd like to save for. I'm off to a good start already so as long as I can control my urge to buy more stamps or sparkly new stones, I'll be ok ;)

If nothing else, I hope everyone takes this year to really focus on what's important. If you have faith, family, health, and people who love you, you're doing better than 90% of the people in this world. Don't take it for granted. Wishing you health and happiness in 2012!

~ Jen

No comments: