Thursday, December 29, 2011

One Sweater...Five Projects

I've been accumulating a pile of clothing in the corner for a while now, all destined for Goodwill. However, thanks to my new Pinterest addiction, I saw a cute idea for sweater-sleeve wine bottle holders, and thought "I can totally do that!" My sewing experience is limited and that's an understatement. Anyway, here's the before:


And here are the finished products:


A pillow, two wine bottle holders (one not pictured) a koozie cover and a bottle snug. Whew! I was quite proud of myself for using pretty much every bit of usable square space out of this sweater. It now looks like someone ran over it with a lawnmower, and it's destined for the trash instead. I also got to know my sewing machine REALLY well. We're tight.

There's still a stack of sweaters back there...but I think tomorrow I'm going to try the t-shirt scarf ;)

2 comments:

Butterbean Queen and the Baby Limas said...

Ooooooo, I want a koozie cover!

Amy said...

a friend of mine made the tshirt scarf (tonya)...it's REALLY cute!!