Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Beach Bums Are Back!

Well, we're back from our beach trip, all tanned and tired! It really was a relaxing week. Meghan actually slept this year (naps, too!), so neither of us had to go sleep in the car like last year. The food was awesome, we even managed to get one date night, too!

As I was sitting on the beach one day, I was thinking about vacations, how they cleanse the body, soul and spirit. I dug my toes deeper into the sand, and scrubbed off the winter-ness like a snake sheds its skin. Cleansed. I watched Meghan and a hundred other kids dig holes and build sand castles, marring the perfect flatness of the sand. And remembered that in a few hours, the sea would reclaim it all, cleansing the beach for the next round of visitors. It's amazing how fast the day-to-day chaos is washed away. Ok, that's my philosophy for the day.

So now it's back to the daily grind. Which isn't all that bad, really. : )

No comments: