Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My best paper...

I broke out my best Crane stationary today. I had to write a very difficult and heartfelt note, therefore, I wanted to give the recipients my very best.

Why do I save my best paper, though? Shouldn't all my recipients get the same special treatment? Do those who get letters written on notebook paper rank lower than those who get Crane paper letters? Absolutely not. Does Crane paper hold up to tears better than notebook paper? Probably. Maybe that's why I used it.

Does it really matter what the words are written on? It's the words and the sentiment that counts. But somehow the stiffness of the Crane paper supported those words better than notebook paper would have. Maybe the strength of the paper will convey the strength I'm offering.

Who knows what the recipients will take from the letter. Who knows if they'll even keep it. But will I hesitate to use my best paper ever again? I hope not.

No comments: