Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Am One Lucky Lady

Wanna know why? My Husband. He's the best EVER. I don't tell him enough, really. Perhaps I should be writing this to him instead of to the oblivion that is the internet. But seriously, he's absolutely the best. Here's a very short list of why:

~ He works hard every day. Too hard, if you ask me. But I couldn't be a SAHM otherwise.
~ He never complains about my slack housework days.
~ He won't pitch a fit if I ask him to help out around the house, because of my slack housework days.
~ He likes mowing the grass. Whatever...
~ He gives me his extra cash instead of hiding it in his wallet. My dad used to call that "fishin' money".
~ He's the coolest dad in the neighborhood. Well, none of the other dads have skateboards...
~ He drives a beater every day while I get to drive the nice, new (well, sorta) SUV.
~ He is so great with our daughter. So great. I wish I could be like he is all the time.
~ He still brings me flowers.
~ He doesn't mind my scrapbooking addiction. I mean habit. I mean hobby.
~ He knows how to grill a steak exactly the way I like it. Because it is all about me, after all...
~ He hauled my childhood piano home on Valentine's Day. THAT'S love, people.
~ He's comfortable in an upscale restaurant, but he knows how to throw down, too.
~ He puts up with my decorating-redecorating-decorating-redecorating cycle.
~ He never complains about anything I buy, whether it's food, clothing, toys, or decorations (see above).
~ He tells me he loves me everyday.
~ He makes me laugh. Still.
~ He makes my heart smile : )

I could think of tons of other reasons, but those are the only ones I'm going to share! ; )
So to my dear husband, thank you for being SO supergreat. I love you!!!

2 comments:

Salina said...

Now that was a sweet tribute. Way to go making me feel guilty! Thanks

*~* Linda *~* said...

Yeah, that's a beautiful tribute!! mind if i print it out and "accidentally" leave it laying around for my husband to read? LOL

You are lucky for sure!
Linda